Senior Data Engineer
If you’re a person from a technical background with a broad set of experience with data and databases, we’re looking for you to join our team.
You’ll be working with our public and private sector clients to help them develop new best practice with data and deliver novel ideas and tools. It could be delivering a new operational system using cutting-edge data technology, or it could be setting new data and governance standards for an entire government.
You’ll work simultaneously at the smallest and largest scales and on highly bespoke, specialised problems. That’s why our clients turn to us – we don’t apply the same old templates, we come up with new solutions from a deep understanding of their problems and dynamics.
Ideally you’ll have some experience in most of the below areas.
- You’re able to program in a variety of programming languages, able to pick the right tool for the job and get up to speed quickly with technology you’ve not used before. In particular, you have experience with writing Python applications.
- You’ll be able to consider information and research from a lot of different sources and synthesise emergent requirements and new strategies for solving novel problems.
- You’ve worked with a variety of different database systems, and understand how to apply them effectively to real world problems and keep them performant.
- You’re used to developing requirements based on the needs of real users, and working as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
- You’re able to clearly communicate technical concepts to others who have little or no data literacy and can understand their perspectives and problems.
- You’ll have strong attention to detail, able to recognise and care deeply about the low-level thinking that makes a difference when working with data.
- You’ll have some experience with all the concepts required to be a modern developer, including source control, build/test/deploy automation, and designing for the cloud.
Ideally you’ll be able to work with us full-time, 5 days a week – but we’re also interested to hear from you if you’re looking to work less than that.
About the role
As well as a salary of £50,000 – £70,000 we’ll also offer you some generous benefits as a member of our team:
- Ability to work remotely, including with our clients, with some infrequent requirements for travel.
- Interesting work and projects – we pride ourselves on only taking work that is new and interesting, and we’ll apply the same principle to the work we ask you to do.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- A dedicated budget for learning, development resources and conference tickets.
- Influence over our company direction – as part of our small team, your input and collaboration will be sought on our strategy.
- One of the best maternity/paternity packages available in our industry.
- Very generous employer input into company pension scheme.
- No bullshit on work/life balance – you are an interesting person outside of work, and you need time and space to live your life.
If you want to see the sort of projects you’ll be working on, check out the interesting work we’ve done.
We are Register Dynamics. We are a small group of data technologists and strategists who deliver new data infrastructure and standards in the public and private sectors. We have specialist expertise in emerging data technologies and policies. By helping organisations make smarter use of their data, we’ve been at the forefront of some of most exciting emerging work in the public and private sectors.
As a company, we want to be a group of interesting people leading interesting lives. We pride ourselves on only doing work that stimulates and motivates us.
We’re members of the Open Data Institute and regularly sponsor and support open conferences. We’re strong believers in open source software, hardware and data.
How to apply
Our hiring process is simple: send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and it’ll be picked up by Andy Bennett or Simon Worthington. If you’ve got the sort of skills and experience the role is looking for, we’ll get in touch to arrange an interview in our London ofifce or via video call.